Area of responsibilities and tasks
We are looking for an Agronomist with deep knowledge within the German agricultural profession and with special knowledge of fertilizing regulations and crop farming along with a strategic and commercial flair. The Agronomist will have the responsibility for developing and maintaining Nature Energy’s cooperation and relations with its partners in the agricultural sector, both on a strategic and an operational level.
You will, in cooperation with the country manager and Business Development, be responsible for the contractual relations with the agricultural partners and participate in negotiations for the supply of biomasses and the return of digitate-based fertilizers. You will thus be the point of contact in our German organization concerning the agricultural sector.
Allocation of your tasks and responsibilities
- Cooperation with Business Development on developing and maturing new projects and contracts (40 %)
- Participate in the work with regulatory and legislative measures and participate in contact with authorities and branch organizations. (20 %)
- Cooperation with Operations and Supply Chain on maintaining and developing optimal supply/return logistic solutions (15 %).
- Cooperation with R&D and dissemination of facts and benefits concerning fertilization with digestate (5 %).
- Cooperation with R&D on the development of new optimized fertilization methods (5 %)
- Maintain specialized knowledge of local farm practices on the use of fertilizer and crop farming (5 %).
- Other support functions (10 %)
The Agronomist will report to the VP, Head of Agronomy, Kristian Petersen who is based in Odense, Denmark. Your workplace will be in our office in Hamburg where you will be working together with your Nature Energy colleagues/teams in Hamburg, Denmark, and Europe.
You will thrive in this role if you
We are looking for a candidate who has deep knowledge of the German agricultural/farming sector and has experience with negotiations with farmers and agricultural organizations. You will also need to be professionally knowledgeable dressed in the field of fertilizers and crop farming in Germany and master issues concerning digestate or organic fertilizers.
You will need a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience with crop farming advisory in Germany including German agricultural regulations and a good knowledge of commercial issues in relation to farming. You will also need to, through credibility, preparation, and insight create good negotiation results.
- Can lead meetings and conferences with groups of farmers and enter constructive cooperation with branch organizations and authorities at all levels.
- Be good at creating and maintaining relations externally and internally and think holistically across the organization.
- Can think and work strategically and has a good impact in relations whilst being action and result oriented, communicative, and persistent
- Good English and German language skills both in writing and speech, and willing to travel internationally (Annually around 20-30 days).
Working at Nature Energy
By joining Nature Energy, you will be part of a highly experienced and ambitious team of leaders in the circular economy. Our common denominator is that we want to build a sustainable future for our planet and our people. From the movement toward decarbonized energy resources, how to turn energy into value, and how to produce fertilizer to increase on-farm yields and help farmers produce more food for a growing population and the food insecure, we couldn’t be more excited about what the future holds.
Headquartered in Denmark, Nature Energy is the European market leader in the development, design, construction, and operation of large, industrialized biogas plants pioneering a sustainable future by turning waste into value. The company owns and operates 14 biogas plants in Europe and is launching new biogas projects in Europe, the United States, and Canada. Nature Energy currently employs more than 500 dedicated employees across offices in Europe and North America.
At Nature Energy, we are proud of our purpose of “Pioneering a sustainable future by turning waste into value” and we truly believe in our vision to“ become the most successful and respected biogas company in the world – acknowledged for our positive impact on the environment”. We have recently been acquired by Shell which only strengthens our aim for being the largest biogas company in the world and we look forward to joining forces and jointly working towards a better future.
You can read more about Nature Energy at www.nature-energy.com and our recruitment process here: https://nature-energy.com/careers/recruitment-process
Your team and the rest of Nature Energy are excited about you joining our ambitious growth, so be sure to submit your application today! If you have any questions, feel free to contact VP, Head of Agronomy, Kristian Petersen at KRP@nature-energy.com or Talent Acquisition Specialist, Sara Skafsgaard Hansen at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will review applications continuously, so make sure to submit your application today by using our online application form by clicking “Apply for the position” below.