Area of responsibilities and tasks
Nature Energy is right now on a great and exciting growth journey, and we need your help to develop new biological and technological solutions for the next generation of biogas plants - of course with the support from many colleagues.
You will be part of the Research team, which is a part of the R&D and Biological Support department. Here, you will be responsible for one or more research projects in close collaboration with your highly skilled colleagues with various scientific backgrounds. Research areas in which you may be involved include the treatment of new kinds of biomasses, optimization of the biogas process, upgrading of the biogas, hereunder using power-to-X technologies, treatment of digestate, and formulation of fertilizer products.
Your tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Develop new ways to maximize the utilization of our biomass resources through innovative solutions and new technology
- Set up lab experiments at different scales to test your solutions, perform chemical analyses together with our lab technicians and subsequent data analysis
- Set up techno-economical models to compare different technological solutions
- Help your colleagues from other departments solve chemical and biological challenges
Your workplace will be at our headquarter in Odense. Here you will have access to our state-of-the-art laboratory and work closely together with the Laboratory team and the rest of the R&D and Biological Support department as well as external partners.
The maternity leave is expected to be approx. 1 year.
You will thrive in this role if you
Are driven by a motivation to improve the utilization of the resources on our planet and are open to new ideas and innovation. You will get an exciting workday in a dynamic organization with a high level of commitment and great employee involvement, which requires an independent effort. You will have development opportunities both professionally and personally, and we will make sure you get the necessary training and education in order for you to reach your full potential.
- You hold a Master’s degree in chemistry, microbiology, biotechnology, or similar. A PhD degree in a related area is an advantage.
- It is an advantage if you have work experience in biotechnology or agriculture.
- You are an experienced user of Excel.
- You are fluent in English both in writing and speaking.
- You are a team player and find satisfaction in helping your team achieve great results.
- You are known for your ability to see opportunities instead of limitations. You are solution-oriented and find great pleasure in solving challenges for and with others.
Working at Nature Energy
By joining Nature Energy, you will be part of a highly experienced and ambitious team of leaders in the circular economy. Our common denominator is that we want to build a sustainable future for our planet and our people. From the movement toward decarbonized energy resources, how to turn energy into value, and how to produce fertilizer to increase on-farm yields and help farmers produce more food for a growing population and the food insecure, we couldn’t be more excited about what the future holds.
Headquartered in Denmark, Nature Energy is the European market leader in the development, design, construction, and operation of large, industrialized biogas plants pioneering a sustainable future by turning waste into value. The company owns and operates 14 biogas plants in Europe and is launching new biogas projects in Europe, the United States, and Canada. Nature Energy currently employs more than 470 dedicated employees across offices in Europe and North America.
You can read more about Nature Energy at www.nature-energy.com and our recruitment process here: https://nature-energy.com/careers/recruitment-process
Your team and the rest of Nature Energy are excited about you joining our ambitious growth, so be sure to submit your application today using our online application form, using the link “apply for the position.”! If you have any questions, feel free to contact Head of Research Lina Nåbo Andersen, tlf. +45 2515 1777.